Green Living at Algonquin Park
The Edge was designed from the ground up to be Algonquin Park (and even Canada's) most sustainable and environmentally sound place travel. Our operations, facilities and staff aim to prove to the world that responsible travel experiences which honour our connection with the earth, local communities, local food producers can be economically viable while being vital to the health and wellbeing of people across the world. In short we see our Algonquin Park home as an oasis from this hyperconnected world. See NY Times - Joy of Quiet or the NY Times feature story on our Algonquin Park canoe trips.
The Edge offers a variety of Algonquin Park experiences that cater to a wide range of interests. Read more about the evolution of our Algonquin Park packages.
Our guests appreciate our efforts at being a low carbon, sustainable, eco-friendly, responsible provider of Algonquin Park retreats and adventures. Join us living closer to and in respectful harmony with the natural world:
- Practice no-trace camping hiking and paddling with us in Algonquin Park.
- Taste the diference in fresh organic grains and preserves, locally raised meat, organically grown fair trade coffee and home grown vegetables.
- Enjoy hot showers and use our energy efficient lights powered by the sun shining on our 26 solar panels producing 2.8 kW of power.
- Participate in our comprehensive recycling program.
- Use our composting toilets.
- Walk on our boardwalk made of 100 % recycled plastic.
- Stay in a century old log cabin, recycled and rebuilt here at Algonquin Park.
- Meet local facilitators, support staff and Algonquin Park canoe guides who walk gently on the earth and invite you to do the same.
We're not just a place to stay, our guests participate in award-winning, nationally recognized Canadian Signature experiences with us here at our Algonquin Park home. We know they're good, because our guests share their stories of magical Algonquin Park experiences on TripAdvisor, making us the Top Speciialty Accommodation at Algonquin Park.